Saturday, March 8, 2008

Celebrating Sleep

I have been working to get Allie to go to sleep by herself but she usually SCREAMS for an hour when I put her in her bed awake(then I can't take it anymore so I go get her). I read an article about putting something that makes white noise in the baby's room to help them go to sleep. So yesterday morning I put a fan in Allie's room for her nap and she went right to sleep. And the same thing happened for 2 of her other naps and for her 1st nap this morning. I can't believe that is all it took. Hopefully, I am not celebrating too early.

6 comments:

Shandra said...

yay! glad you found a trick!! i forgot i used a little noise maker that came w/ my pack 'n play. hey, whatever works! your girls are adorable! do they resemble each other? i'd have to go look at baby pics of clara.

3boysmom said...

This might be a controversial comment, but I am so proud that you are teaching her to sleep on her own. As an infant teacher, it irks me to no end when I have to do 15 different things to get them to sleep because that's what mom does. Independence is a good thing! And sleep is even better!

jill said...

Glad you are able to get a little more sleep now a days. Hope she keeps this up.

kamie said...

Glad to hear the noise worked. My boys still have a noise maker in their rooms. Also Clara is so cute cooking. Both girls are adorable.

Susan said...

SO sweet! I love the cute pictures. I totally understand about the sleep thing. I TRIED so hard to have Em sleep during normal "house noise", but it just didn't work. The noise machine is our best friend!

Lin said...

we did the noise machine when max was a baby. when it broke, we didn't replace it, cause he could sleep without it. but recently it's been taking him hours to fall asleep. i think i'll try a little white noise again. thanks for the reminder!

love the sweet sister pics!